Pages

Friday, August 13, 2021

Matariki Public Holiday Explanation

We celebrate Matirki because its the maori new year. Not only that it is the first maori public holiday. And it is as well that its the the star cluster or the 7 sisters also known as pleiades in the sky at night. We celebrate Matariki by singing songs share food and sing about their ancestors. Matariki is important because it celebrates about the maori culture. Matariki should be a public holiday because its important to be respectful to the maori culture.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Lachie, I really like that you have thought about why Matariki is important and have descibed some of the things you can do for Matariki. Perhaps next time, you could add a few more details in your writing. I'm interested in how much you know and can share. Great work.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - Begin with a greeting. Talk about something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A comment that will mean something to me to let me know you read/watched or listened to what I had to say. - use any language.
3. Something helpful - Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.
Encourage me to make another post.